Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2013, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Congrats, I think you both are on the right track towards retirement. However, just a word of caution. While we can plan, be prepared for unforeseen circumstances. For me, i used to be earning $300k pa while my wife was earning $100k pa. We had the good likeeping it for the next generation fe, we live in a nice condo, drove a 5 series, bought luxury goods, European holidays, etc. But one year ago, my health suddenly deteriorated. The rich food, high stress and the sins of alcohol and tobacco caused me to be very sick. I had to quit my job, stopped smoking, drinking, etc. Our finances plunged. Luckily I had some good investments which gave me a passive income of $50k pa, and with my wife's $100k salary, we survived. I sold my 5 series, downgraded our holidays and we cut our spending to $80k pa. I find much solace and peace now. It made me realize the world is just a temporary place, we will all die one day. Now, at the age of 41, I am nursing myself back to health. I also discovered who my true friends are. I may not live long, but I am now truly happy. I wish you both well, if I die tomorrow, just know that money does not buy happiness.
Health is wealth. ...this is always on everyone's mind but just not prioritizes till something went wrong with Health. not matter how much we wealth we accumulate, we eventually leave it to our next Gen, just like PATEK PHILLIP advertise. <you never actually own it, you are merely >

wish you luck, good health....