Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Account Assistant, Payroll Salary
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2013, 05:10 PM

jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
2.2k is way below the market rate for degree holders, if ur not in need for money no point in taking up.
Yea..u are you. I too think that hospital being a so call statboard should pay higher to entice fresh graduates to join the already staff deprived healthcare sector. I was surprised when my friend with the hons degree told me that she was getting 2.6. For TS, I think it could be because your deg is non-local that is why they put u at a lower grade. My friends with local deg they head straight to executive position, but yours is an assistant position which is usually given to diploma holders. In that sense, I believe they pay u slightly higher like 400-500 dollars more for your degree while diploma holders get somewhere like 1.6 - 1.8. There is salary scheme they use to determine your starting salary and that is why I doubt they will allow you to negotiate as that could disrupt the entire system. My opinion is, healthcare is tiring and not as well paid as other sector. If you have the passion and heart to serve the community then can consider staying, otherwise, get the experience and hop elsewhere.