Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Age 30 .. Appropriate net worth?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Unregistered

What you have sounds average for a graduate who starts work at 25. Assuming your starting salary is close to $4k pm and increases by 5% average per year, including 1 promotion. Your CPF of $100k after 5 yrs is about right.

Do not be too caught up in counting the $$$. There are more important things in life like getting married and starting a family. I was already married with 1 child when I was 30. We bought a small pte apt when HDB told us we had to wait 2.5 yrs for our flat. That was almost 25 yrs ago. Once our first child was born, we also got a car. As of now, money wise, I don't think we are worse than our peers who remained single. In fact they looked directionless and lost to me.

With dual income, you share the burden of bringing up the family, less stress that way. Some more, our yearly expenses is less than either of our salary, meaning we save more than 1 yr's salary every year for the longest time.

Sorry for the digression, but I thought it was necessary to highlight other important things in life than just money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheong88 View Post
Hi all,

Just wondering how much should a 30 years old should have....Some brief description of person, local uni grad, not a high flyer (average joe), single....

Is the following appropriate and reasonable?

CPF: $100,000
Life Insurance/Savings Plan: $50,000
Cash: $100,000

Just wanna seek your views and what do you is appropriate if differ from the above? thanks..