Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice Needed: Should I buy a condo now?
View Single Post
Old 30-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

why buy now? what if prices crash? what if we have another global crisis (just look at the markets now) and YOU lost your job? there are many high risks. you may want to just rent if you need a place to stay or stay with your parents.

a lot people will be renting instead of buying due to all the uncertainties. you dont want to be in a situation where you lost your job and your property value dropped by 40%. yuo will surely be bankrupted and your job prospects will go down to zero. expats, PRs, are all going to rent as they dont know whether they still have a job after 2 years. so they take things in their stride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_predator View Post
I currently have about 160K in cold hard cash( I know is quite pathetic, but still growing my pot of wealth has to start from somewhere right?) , and would be able to make good on monthly payments of up to 1.5K (everything including mortgage loan, condo conservancy charges, utilities bill etc ) . As a first timer, should I consider entering the market now? If so what projects would the old birds recommend?

If not, should I wait for things to cool off since a slew of measures of MAS have just been implemented and interest rates might rebound forcing more than a handful to sell off their property (aka another recession) hence enabling prices to drop substantially?

Of course during this period I am still working hard to expand my warchest.

Please advise, thanks.