Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 30-08-2013, 07:49 AM
Unregistered

Wow! You're so lucky. I'm jealous. I will have to work for at least 20 years more to retire. Well, you deserved it. You took the risk of joining the finance industry, which comes with it all the uncertainties and office politics. Your efforts paid off. I took the safe, cowardly route which earns me a steady but little income. I earn only $90k pa and lives in a 5 room HDB flat. I'm sure you would have earned an average of $300k pa (including your one year bonuses, allowances, etc). Anyway, congratulations! Take good care of yourself but don't strain too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I am a young retiree, 48 years old. I was a high flyer in the global finance industry, worked very hard for more than 20 years. I made good $$$ and also did well in my personal investments. I have decided to retire last year to smell the roses.

I have built up enough assets to generate a passive income of $70k pa. My wife is still working and she earns $120k pa. Our household annual expenses is about $80k pa. Our Bukit Timah condo is paid up and we are debt free.

I am now training for a marathon and also volunteers for a charity. About time I live life.