Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Cant decide private uni
View Single Post
Old 24-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

I copied the below posting wholesale from a hardware zone poster regarding your question on which private university is most recognized in S'pore. Hope this helps you in your decision.

"I have been working as a senior HR professional and Recruiter for the last 6-8 years. Virtually all MNCs dun distinguish between govt and pte degrees. Their regulations do not dictate too that the staff must have a local degree. However some HR managers who are from local universities do prefer campus degrees from local universities as they r from NUS/NTU/SMI. However I need to state that its quite minimal.

In terms of pte degrees, its is commonly recognised by HR professionals that UOL is the best pte degree available in Singapore at the moment and is the most widely recognised. Given your options, it would be advisable for you to take up the UOL option. However do note too that the UOL degree is the most difficult to pass. Most course consultants in diff pte schools will advise you regarding this. However again, virtually all MNCs do not distinguish between pte unis."

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidty View Post
ORD-ing soon, still can't decide what private univ to go.

Intent to study part time uni, can't decide whether to go for kaplan/SIM/Unisim

need some advice to which univ should i go if i want to get a degree that is recognised.