Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Guy above ask a valid question. You claimed earlier that you know of people who have a humble life in HDB and lousy car but are actually very rich, he was just asking how you know that? Humble people do not go about telling others they are humble and actually very rich.
It's possible. I know people who are rich, and yet they are very humble, drive simple cars, live simple lives. You know they are rich, because of the investments they make (multiple condos), but they are for investment, not for living.

I guess it's about the value of money to you. Some people value people around them rather than $$. They understand that $$ is important because it is your livelihood. Without $$, you standard of living will drop. But relationships are more important because those $$ can buy. And those relationships that $$ can buy, are not worth ****.

For myself, I am 35 years old, earning 150K per year.

But I drive a toyota. COE so expensive, and now with the 50% downpayment, it's crazy.

I rather do other investments with my money, than to enrich the government.

And family is super important to me, job is just a means to get $$ to support my family.

I guess it all boils down to where your priority lies.