Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - NTU Business or EEE
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Unregistered

1) I definitely believe engineering is more versatile. All the banks in singapore accept engineering degree. whoever can get into the finance sector basically just prove their capabilities.

Only a very small handful can make it to finance. U really have to get real.

2) "switching to the teaching profession such as poly lecturers, definitely possible + higher chance. if we engineers are not suitable to teach engineering modules, who else can? import FT? mai lai la!"

Are you nuts? Go and take a look at the faculties in NTU and NUS. See how many foreign professors the local Unis have.

3) "We know Singapore need us but we didnt get the respect we deserved. we are being labelled as cheap labour. If other countries such as america & japan can respect their engineers, why cant singapore do that too?"

Too bad. It is a sad case in Singapore.

4) yes money make the world goes round. without engineers, you think the world can operates? you cant be even reading what I wrote here. you cant even have money in ur pocket because you cant re-withdraw money from the atm.

Yes, engineers create value. But they are not well remunerated. Pls note that creating value is not equivalent to earning big bucks.

5) if you have some integrity, you shld have think before you wrote the above. you are no much better for trying to shoot them down.

I am not shooting engineers down. I am an engineer myself. My point is....Dont study engineering if u have the chance to study accountancy.