Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Keppel logistic
Thread: Keppel logistic
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshGraduate View Post
Thanks for the reply! You seems like an insider. Do you mind reveal more on the grade structure (E4, E3 and etc). How's the increment and progression like? Are you still with keppel data?
I don't mind to work like a cow but the prospect has to be promising.
The concept of what is “promising” really depend on your expectation and what you compare with. Typically for average performer, you join as E4 the next 2 promotion to E5 and E6 are standard that almost everyone will get within 5 years. After that you get into M1 which they will start giving you a AM/Manager title, but I am told that this is a fake title only as the real manager grade starts at M4 where they follow different bonus / benefit scheme.

People who reach internally to M4 real managers are usually early 40s. The default career ceiling for degree grads is M4 although some luckier ones will reach M5 or even M6. Beyond that is G1, G2, G3 etc. which is like being general in the army very rare. My gut sense is <10% of managers make it to G. This system is used by most GLCs, so it will follow you even if you say jump from Keppel T&T to Keppel O&M to Singtel to SIA etc.

As for prospect, to sum it up I think is average PME career loh, better than SME not as good as most MNC (Increment ~4%, promotion ~10%). The pay is enough for you & family to live middle class lifestyle, but if you want nice condo, luxury car, fancy holidays every year then no go.