Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

After reading the post here, I feel personally it makes sense that local unis are paid better. It makes sense, esp for those that slog it out since young while the rest while away their time at lan shops and arcades.

Esp those SIM grads crying discrimination, if SIM grads perform better than those local uni grads is there any fairness? By slacking your time and still get paid well over those that work really hard in life? Cfm those working outside hate co-workers that "zhor bo" and talk very big but do nothing and get the credit kind. Well SIM grads seems to fall into these categories of doing nth and think they deserve to be paid the same and get the credit cos of their "Street smartness" and equality. Total bull man, SIM grads should wake up their idea and be realistic about it, not everyone can be successful, if all is millionaires and billionaires who is gonna clean up and scramble for their leftover. I agree with the lecturer, most student go SIM cos they assume they are "University" grads, half uni grads I believe. Full uni grads?? well there is still a long long way to go. At least most juz take it in their stride and do any jobs that comes by instead of dreaming of higher pay.

Issue lies with the perception that maybe the lecturer gives to the students, thus churning out such individuals. What the abv lecturer said is good, hope he/she translates the words into action by advising his/her students to be realistic and tone down their ambitions and expectations.