Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Path in Life
Thread: Path in Life
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 06:25 PM

Survivor is on a distinguished road

I do lack the experience and knowledge in these areas, what i'm hoping is a step towards them. of course i'm not comparing myself w scholars, just asking is there a possibility that attaining a degree will open up opportunity and lifting your salary cap.

My understanding of the fields are limited and shallow, so anyone can just correct me.

Finance -

to me, it a game where the rich manipulates the market, convincing people to invest their money in you/company for you to invest. you giving your views on the picks to your clients (seems easy but its actually tough when you first start out because you have to be @ roadshow trying to find "people" unless you are someone w lots of connection

- Wealth Managers
- FX Traders

Logistics - apologies
not so much on working w k-line and yangming and co. i'm more interested in trading and buying on a cheap through the import/export business, than working in the logistics line.

Procurement
- liasing with the legal personnel to come up with contract to make an agreement for a service/equipment supplied to the company.

Business
- hardly worth it , unless you are going e. with the high rental, ultimately, the winner is the one collecting rents every month. might as well invest in office spaces.