Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Reading the many posts in this forum, it seems there are quite a number of people retiring young in their 40's. I'm inspired by their stories and now thinking seriously about retiring too as I am now already in my 50's and dread going to work to face all the office politics. I must admit I am also guilty of politicking to survive in the harsh corporate jungle. I think I should stop all these corporate nonsense and repent before I die.

I think I can safely retire now as I own a $4m Bukit Timah landed, no more loan. I can buy a $1m condo just a few kilometers away in Upper Bukit Timah. I can then use the balance of $3m and invest conservatively to generate 5% pa or $150k pa. I don't care what my wife say, she has enjoyed my high pay all these years, it is time for me to take a real break from all the madness. I also need to take care of my health and change my lifestyle to a more healthy one. No more late nights, drinking and dining. Wish me luck.
Good luck. I am currently 35, and there is still a long road ahead of me. But yours is definitely a desirable position I would want for myself at 50+, and I will also definitely do the same Life is short, you have fought a good fight, time to chill