Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare Your Household Income 2009
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2009, 10:33 AM

Husky is on a distinguished road

Hi David,

very good point. I did recall HDB saying the percentage of households earning more that 8k (in 2008) is at 20%. According to them MAJORITY (80%) of households are still eligible for HDB loans. Hence there is no need to review the income celiing which was last changed in 1999.

Back in 1999, the percentage of households with income more than 8k was at 10%. If we look at it from another angle, the proportion of people INELIGIBLE for HDB loans has DOUBLED from 10% to 20%. Hence I believe I still have a strong case to argue for.

Nevertheless, very good point. Something to take note of if I am going to write in to HDB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtan View Post
John and Husky, you may have made a mistake. I'm not sure about the tool that compares household income, but the tool that compares annual income actually took data from IRAS and only included people who earned more than 20k pa. If the tool says you're "higher than 45.8%", you are only higher than 45.8% in that group. If you include all those who earned below 20k and all those who did not even file income tax, the figure will be more than 45.8%, which means much lesser than 50% households (as you claimed) earn more than 8k. I suspect at 8k, the husband and wife may stand at around 70-80% of all people in Singapore.