Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Having peace of mind is priceless. Every night I go to sleep with a smile on my face. This is possible because of the $m I have earned, and saved through my own hard work.

I used to be stressed and not able to enjoy the finer things in life because I was constantly worried about keeping my job, about my housing loan, about not having enough money to last my retirement years. But now with about $4m in savings (properties, stocks, cash and insurances), I am able to look at life differently. I can even tell my younger colleagues to take it easy, but In my heart I know what they are going through, as I did when I was their age.

Now I really have a choice. I can even retire now. Having options in life is only possible when you have enough money. Interestingly, I now look at work differently from before. I look forward to the challenges, meeting my colleagues (not my bosses) and getting up everyday with something to do. Before, I was stressed, worried about my promotion, and dread going to work. Now I dare say no to "sai kang".

I actually have simple needs, as I came from poor background. I used to tell (console) myself that I don't need much to survive. But looking at the cost of living in S'pore, and the many old people still working, cleaning tables at food courts etc.., I started to worry and saved and invest. I am glad I did.

Without the $4m, I can still try and tell myself that money is not important. But I know I will never feel at ease knowing that I will be just fooling myself. Yes money is important as long as you are alive. You don't have to worry about it when you are no longer around. So don't waste energy to worry about that. Worry about not having enough when alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just a little thought for all forumer here. What's the point of having million dollar asset when actually in life you only eat 3 meals a day, and sleep in 1 bed every night. You're just wasting your life by collecting rubbish! By the time you die ... where are you going to bring all your wealth? Think about it, and find the answer yourself!