Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - What happened to Life Sciences?
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2009, 09:23 AM

Husky is on a distinguished road

That is very true also. Passion doesn't put food on the table. Ideally everyone would like to work in a job that they love and pays well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhchong View Post
Then again, let me tell you a tale about pursuing one's passion:

A person I know loves the glamor of artists & illustrators. Despite pressure from his family, he pursue his passion. After graduating from computer engineering with a mediocre grade, he gave up his degree to pursue his dream as a commercial artist... Fast forward 15 years & 2 downturns later, he's right back on his engineering track, chasing a career in R&D & had a masters in science. Why? An artist, not matter how good you are, is first a salesman... and everything PR in between and lastly your skills... in a place where PR/EQ were not emphasised from young, unless you are a natural born crowd pleaser, you just can't cut it. My friend, luckily, realize his lack-of-talent & fell-back on his qualification. Till today, he is still cursing at being misled by his naive ambition in his younger days.

My bottom-line is this: To ingrain in a person to choose smart, not to be persuaded by the "latest fad" nor in one's foolish passion. Now, how do we go about THAT is the ultimate challenge.