Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Plenty of things you can do to survive actually. You can do your own business, if possible low capital business, that would be offering your professional services that you are good at. It could be anything from design, accounting, drawing, consultancy or whatever. You can also do it from home as well. You can google of plenty idea about it. Business somehow is much better off than any kind of investment. Most of investment requires high capitals to generate a small percentage of money. Business that sell a product are basically selling at higher price than buying price to earn profit. However service business is actually turning the thin air (could be your time, skill, expertise, profession or whatever) into money! But of cos you need a lot of hard work to be successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
44, male, unemployed. Still looking for relevant work. Don't want to work as taxi driver or security guard as I am a graduate. Forced to resign due to office politics.
Own HDB flat, fully paid, now worth $800k.
Wife working, earning $4k a month.
What should I do now?
Should I swallow my pride and drive a cab? This would be very painful for me.
Or sell my HDB flat and buy a cheaper, smaller $300k flat so that I have about $400k to spend on? I need $2k a month to cover my family expense deficit or $12k a year. $400k can cover that deficit easily for 16 years. In 10 years, my kids would be independent and our expenses can be cut back significantly.
Any financial guru here to advise?