Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 28 yo entry cowspots wonder what pay he can expect
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
the advantage of dl is tat it can allow u to get it faster.

i got my hon degree (engineering) at 22. am a guy n had completed ns. by the time i m 25, i alrdy have 3 yrs of solid experience n command higher salary than those of same age but still fresh from uni. n i have alot more space (as in the years) to manuveur n to gain extra experience..

this is really a huge advantage to me.. nowadays sg guys come out from uni at age ard 25... only 5 yrs to achieve something b4 30... they can only mostly concentrate on 1 or 2 speciality while i have more yrs to get wider exposure.. n in nowadays working environment, having wider experience means more xtra stability.... if 1 fail, can tap on the other 1 in another environment....

n also when comparing to those f talents, can stil fite abit...dun 4get tat they dun need to serve ns.... they r at n advantage

dun compare to those scholars or high flyers lah. tok abot the majority normal us singaporeans...
I think it really varies from person to person and what kind of degree as well. DL degree from SIM still 3 years. One year difference not much of an advantage. Furthermore, your degree was in engineering. Not sure if you're still in that line or not, but engineers are always in demand although the work is not glamorous and the math/phy needed is quite tough. hence, that line confirm can still get quite a high pay.