Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Sales engineer starting pay
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Verified Member

gcl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you just so ignorant that you don't know the reason why a company will pay you 1k for car allowance? Hint: they are not giving you so that you can pocket that as salary and get an "increment". There is a reason why its called allowance and not salary.

They expect you to drive around Singapore looking for bloody sales. Driving means petrol, ERP, parking, occasional fines, servicing costs. In regular sales, petrol alone will take up $400+, ERP maybe $100+, parking $200+, servicing need to do every 3-4 months instead of half year.

I think you better stay on in the Navy if this thread is any indication of your attitude and rationality on the whole thing.
Think he wan to come out from civil services but dont wish to have a big pay cut hence add in car allowance as pay. But in term of looking at allowance and not salary, i think depend.
Let say working as a project engineer basic 3k a month. sales engineer basic also 3k a month but with 1k allowance (with the case where car is very important in term of family use etc or need car badly where working as sales or project surely will buy car) then the allowance can add into salary (but to to the extend of 1k, maybe 300 or 400 as need to deduct petrol, parking etc use on work). correct me if i am wrong on this thinking. haha. then i need to restructure my concept of thinking. lol