Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Service Pay - Director level
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Let's skip the debating about policies. Again I ask, has anyone ever heard of a poly grad with 7 years exp being appointed as Assistant Director? If there ever was one, he/she will be the talk of the town and the whole governement service would have heard of him. Until someone is able to cite evidence otherwise, he is not eligible for an AD job for all intents and purposes.

If he wants to upgrade himself personally he can choose whatever he has interest in at his own leisure, that has nothing to do with his question now. My advice still stands: if he wants to get into Div1 government job, go buy an accredited degree, i.e. get the cheapest recognised generic business degree that requires minimal/no studying involved.

There is no shame in buying degrees, it is just a piece of document like your NRIC to faciliate in performing certain transactions (in this case to get a Div1 government job).
Well, I did mention in my previous posts (hard to tell since we are all unregistered lol) that its only technically possible but personally I had never seen/heard of one.

On the 'buy' terminology, lets just agree to disagree yeah. I mean its not like you can put it in your CV that you bought your degree ^_^