Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Service Pay - Director level
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am aware of the overlap b/w Div1 & Div2, but I am answering specifically to his case here. There is no way a poly grad with only 7 years exp going to be offered AD job. I believe AD equivalent for MSO is Grade 2, I have never heard of a poly guy with 7 years exp being offered at such a high grade , i.e. he is not eligible for all intents and purposes.

In what way is asking him to buy a degree condescending? I am just stating hard facts here. He can claim however good he is, but government policy is clear cut, with only 7 years exp no degree no AD talk. What's the point of sugar coating the whole thing and give him false hope and send him on a wild goose chase?

I ask this again, has anyone heard of any poly grad who is Assistant Director with just 7 years experience?
AD post can be anything these days to be honest. I know of MSO 4 being heads of departments and MX 12 being ADs. MX 12 roughly translates to MSO 4 according to rough HR policy guidelines. I do not know how NEA judges their criteria internally so I can't comment on that though.

Agree on not sugar coating but you can encourage him to upgrade himself, not ask him to buy one. The phrasing used is not nice yeah. To be frank that degree paper (be it local/distance/wadever) is getting stale, I see tons of people coming in with Double Ds(hehe), Post Grad Dip, Masters and sometimes even all of them (!!).