Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Sales engineer starting pay
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin View Post
They do have commission scheme but how it work I not too sure and the allowance is for car and petrol, the company have AWS and variable bonus.
Previously I was from Navy.
It really depends on the commission and bonus is how much. If just look at the basic of 2k is not attractive as a 19 year old fresh from poly doing admin can also get the same amount.

The 1k ($800 net) should be enough to cover all the normal car cost like petrol, erp, parking, servicing etc. But important thing is do you have a car now? If you have is it going to expire soon in a few years?

Because if you need to buy/replace a car in the next few years, base on current prices the allowance definitely not enough for instalment & normal expense. This mean you need to fork out from your basic which is very low. Do your sums and see what is the result nett pay.

I suspect roughly your bonus need to be about 8 months+ at least for you to live a decent life in Singapore with the car.

Also just kaypoh a bit, how come you navy looking for a 2k job? They didnt renew your contract after 6 years isit?