Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - TTSH management associate programme salary range
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 View Post
Yea... I don't disagree. I also dislike the fact that they are trying to mimic what some big MNCs are doing for those genuine ma programmes. I mean some job scopes are kinda general and I dun see why the need to have so many rounds to assure them that you are the right person. I believe it could be because there are lots of applicants wanting to secure stable jobs in turbulent times like this so they have to come out with a system to pick among the masses. And many appl applicants actually hold good local deg with at least second upper. Definitely for those high calibre individuals with exceptional cca records, ttsh ma prog will not be an attractive option for them. But I do know such ppl who are still jobless because they are not selected for some top jobs due to overwhelming competitions...kinda sad. I think the part you mentioned bout looks and saying few good words to please the interviewers apply to all regardless of MNCs or public organizations. 2 cents
Nah, they going the rounds because gov policy is to have X min no. of people of certain rank and Y min no. of people from certain department. This is standard for almost all gov related jobs.

Real MNCs have 2 full day assessment programs with rotating judiging panels which test anything from role playing, problem solving, language/maths/logic test, presentation skills and ability to perform under stress. It is not totally bias free but definitely not like TTSH which is just many rounds of senseless interview talking where selection appears random.

I ever atteneded a BAT management program before. It was really siong and I felt totally shack at the end of the day, it takes more than just create good impression and talk cock to get past. Although I didnt get selected, it was an experience to see how the pros in mega MNC really do it. My friend went to the Exxon one and it was more or less the same.