Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - TTSH management associate programme salary range
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 01:11 PM

jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Having to go through rounds of interviews is just a legacy of government bureaucracy, it is not because they have high standards.

Agree that times are bad and ppl have to just apply whatever there is and hope for the best. But a place like TTSH let's not kid ourselves that they rejected ppl because they offered to some high calibre cca guy, most likely who gets offered is just random chance and you happen to say a few words they like to hear or some interviewer like your face. That's all.
Yea... I don't disagree. I also dislike the fact that they are trying to mimic what some big MNCs are doing for those genuine ma programmes. I mean some job scopes are kinda general and I dun see why the need to have so many rounds to assure them that you are the right person. I believe it could be because there are lots of applicants wanting to secure stable jobs in turbulent times like this so they have to come out with a system to pick among the masses. And many appl applicants actually hold good local deg with at least second upper. Definitely for those high calibre individuals with exceptional cca records, ttsh ma prog will not be an attractive option for them. But I do know such ppl who are still jobless because they are not selected for some top jobs due to overwhelming competitions...kinda sad. I think the part you mentioned bout looks and saying few good words to please the interviewers apply to all regardless of MNCs or public organizations. 2 cents