Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Property Agents make A LOT of Money
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslee View Post
We always drive to Hougang Central to do marketing. Ongoing Mid-town showflat launch have been ongoing for past few months. The nearby Park and Ride carpark is full of the property agents' cars. And whole lot of them are also eating in nearby Kang Kar foodcourt. You can easily identify them by their attires and lanyards. Most (if not all) drive BMWs, Merc etc.

Happen to see one of them is a parent of my child's classmate in childcare centre. Still owe 2-3 months childcare fee outstanding notice after I fetched my kid recently. I had an impression that these agents "die die" must keep their expensive & successful outlooks despite unpaid dues. If it were me, I would sell away my expensive car and pay up my dues first.

It's now widely reported that transaction volumes are down despite prices not yet moving. It's mean sellers not wiling to sell low and buyers still waiting on sideline for price correction. With such backdrop, how can we sustain army of property agents driving BMWs in a small nation that further reduce supply of COEs?
It's quite strange phenomena here in Singapore, the prop agents are driving the lux cars, while the buyer are taking public transport. What happen in other countries are the opposite. Something strange are happening in Sg property market ...