Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career Change
Thread: Career Change
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShareWithMe View Post
This is a start up company and the offer was about 20% higher than my current pay if you include variable bonus. It is quite attractive. So below are the possibilities i have thought of:

1) You may be correct to say that many people may have already rejected the offer and they are just looking for 1 ignorant guy to accept it

2) This is a new start up company so an attractive package is also reasonable to attract people and start up company are expected to be busy.

3) My pay scale is below market rate. The salary that they are offering is actually the norm for that biomedical industry.

Any other thoughts to share ?
1) Oh startup. No wonder, like that 90% is people keep rejecting they getting desperate. Put yourself in the boss shoe, will you hire someone with no experience, perform badly in interview and yet still need to give 20% increase under normal circumstance?

2) Start ups are mega big risk. 20% is way too low for such a risk unless they top up with sizable options/equity. They can offer you anything now but also close shop or cut you loose 6 months down the road.

3) Nope. Startups are ultimate cut cost, any small company who think like you do is on the way to insolvency. No offense, but that's just part & parcel of doing business.

4) Better stay put, you are heavily committed and this is not the time to go about on some wild adventure in a start up. If you want to jump at least go somewhere with a decent size and track record, 80% of startups fail eventually. This is an academically well researched and documented fact.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app