Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career Change
Thread: Career Change
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShareWithMe View Post
I am married with 1 kid, so if i were to move on to next job, i must endure even if i feel i am not suited for the new industry as i have family commitment. This is the pressure and dilemma i am facing. There is fear to move on but if I don;t move on, i would be retrenched someday. I have seen a few of my colleagues who have been retrenched more than 1 time in their whole life in semiconductor which is really scary.

Recently, i have been offered a job in the biomedical industry, i did badly during the interview due to my limited experience in the new industry but was still being offered after 5 weeks since the day of interview. I am not sure if the company is desperate for people or nobody actually applied for that role as the scope is not favourable in the eyes of those experienced people.

In a real dilemma now, can anybody advise?
So you no experience and perform badly in interveiw and they still come back and hire you? Usually not a good sign. This means many people ahead of you have rejected the offer and they are just running through the list to see who is dumb enough to take up.

This kind of high risk jump you should as for at least 25% pay increase because of high chance of not working out.