Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Head Hunting
Thread: Head Hunting
View Single Post
Old 27-05-2013, 07:13 PM

lucas_ is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wow your banking ops hours are sucky. I work in middle office and my hours are 9 - 5.30 and I hardly need to stay late

Difference between michael page, hays, robert walters and kelly services, recruit express etc is just the branding. The former ones are international (actually kelly services is international too) well known names while others like recruit express, GMP recruitment etc are local headhunting firms. Some of the bigger well known ones like kelly services handle mass market recruitment like temp jobs, contract jobs etc as well as more senior positions under their kelly selection segment.

Working as a headhunter is basically a sales job and you are selling people to the organizations. Usually you get assigned candidates on a round robin basis and the only throat cutting is from other headhunting firms where everyone vies to put their candidate into the position. Note: there really are ALOT of headhunting firms in Singapore.
Yes understand that its a sales job. Basically have quotas and billings to hit also. Those perm staffs are quite hardcore here. I'm not too sure if they stayed past eight cause on several occasions I did, and they were still here! The next morning they are here earlier than me. But facing the computer for 12-14 hours everyday is not something I would look forward to.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app