Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Head Hunting
Thread: Head Hunting
View Single Post
Old 27-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Max_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_ View Post
Hello everyone,

im in my final year in RMIT SIM Banking and Finance, currently working in a foreign bank doing ops. Upon having a slight gist of how the banking industry works, it seemed like the working hours are really long, like 8am-8pm. Secondly, it seemed like my personality does not suit those jobs that require you to sit down in the office all day long, typing and looking at the computer. I have been on the job for about 1 month plus, and it's pretty driving me crazy.

I have done 3 months of internship with a recruitment company, and i pretty much enjoyed myself during the time there. Quotas yes, but i was pretty much enjoying what i did, so i was doing quite okay as an intern there.

Right now, I'm entering my final year, and I'm thinking if its a feasible option to head over to headhunting firms as a headhunter, or probably to start off with an internship with a headhunting company to understand how it works.

Can any headhunters or anyone with experience in the headhunting field share with me their experience there? How's it like and is the environment a cut throat environment?

What are the difference between a headhunting firm, such as michael page, hays, robert walters as compared to kelly services, recruit express?
I'm confused. Do you want to join headhunting firm or recruitment agency? These 2 industries are different and you seem to be using them interchangeably.

If you are talking about recruitment agencies like michael page, hays, robert walters, kelly services, recruit express etc. then there is not much difference. All these agencies operate on a drawdown plan with a bill sharing of 15-35% depending on your portfolio.

Agents hop around pretty much every few months to 2 years, so just try a few of them and see which one you like better.

If you are serious in joining headhunting, that will require much more work in social and professional networking in particular niches. Of course pay & prosepcts will be much higher, but it's a different ball game altogether.