Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Retrenchment In Singapore
View Single Post
Old 26-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Verified Member

Retrench SG is on a distinguished road
Default Retrenchment In Singapore

Hi all

Not sure if I had come across this before, but just like to check with you guys, have you been thru retrenchment before in SG? If yes, could you share your experiences, if no, what are your views on it?

Personally I had heard and experience myself the fear of being retrench and the unintended consequences following it. I had seen families broken due to quarrels over financial issues, depression due to ego of being retrenched, unwillingness to accept the fact they are retrenched etc...

I understand that a lot of times its not solely the individual's fault that he/she got retrenched but mostly due to the realities of the economic cycle...
Furthermore it seems that a lot of sg ppl tend to forget the realities of retrenchment coz to them it seems such a distance past and most of them have the mentality it wont happen to me since i am an ace performer, i am in the management team etc ( correct me if I am wrong)

So I think now is actually a good opportunity to discuss these issues coz sharing is caring

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app