Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career prospect/advancement for Banking sales roles vs Banking "back end" roles
View Single Post
Old 21-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Verified Member

happyman is on a distinguished road

Dun get me wrong as if i got plenty of offers. lol. I have went to none interview yet coz I have not decide which industry I should be aiming for. And I do really find tat this first step is critical and impt as switching field such as (sales to backend or backend to sales) during urs mid career is definitely a pain in your ass lol. So I wish to pay more attention and emphasis on this headstart.

So I am juz laying all pros and cons and comparison of both industry, best if you guys could and also share urs salary, worklife, exp, amt of yrs to climb to current position etc.

Thanks for sharing, so do u have any year end bonus beside urs 6.3k salary? how is the work life for operations. I have friends telling me that it really depend on which department you are in... eg. payment work like hell lots of OT... risk management or KYC are the better ones? true? Sorry I am very green here and trying to find out more.. so tat I can narrow down which industry and banking field I should be aiming for.