Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Dead End. Need advice on career path.
View Single Post
Old 13-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodon_Tan View Post
After consideration, I think I'm going to stick around in this job for a while more and see where it takes me, considering I'm only here for 1 year. I guess I should be considered lucky as there's many peers of mine who are still hunting for job after 1 year (Imaginary Friends is hard to get in.....this industry is like 500+ talented folks vying for 1 job )

I'm currently waiting for MOE to reply to see if they have an option for mid-career switchers to switch to teaching art. That way, I can accumulate several years of experience in this industry and then switch to be an art teacher. Still researching on this.
Sounds like an excuse to procrastinate.

Waiting and hoping your boss to give you a raise of 1.5k+ so that you can hit $3500 in an industry that 500 jobless ppl are fighting for 1 job? 3 words for you – wait long long

Waiting and hoping that MOE will come back and recruit a 29 year old guy without a proper degree and making 1k+ in some startup while thousands of mid-career also begging MOE to take them in? 3 words for you – wait long long

Better start planning bro, your job will be replaced by the millions of cheap Chinese & Korean gaming artists soon.