Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Risk Management
Thread: Risk Management
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Donny

Default Compliance no where near astronomical bonuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 View Post
Hi. Is compliance officer considered as middle or back office?
Compliance is back office. Risk management should be middle office. When it is said compliance officer, it could be an analyst doing back office work.

120k for foreign banks sounds possible but not probable. My opinion is that you won't be anywhere close to that for a local bank.

I would disagree with the 160k bonus even for a foreign bank. Seriously? Standard consensus among the bankers, large bonuses are tied to the revenue generating departments of the bank, that is trading, sales, M&A, IPO or the front office jobs. Compliance and Risk Management is not in that area.

Short anecdote - I know a guy fairly well working at JPMorgan back office, a role booking the booking of trades for the traders. Not sure whether it is similar to that of the original poster. Anyway, granted that he was only there for a year plus, if he knew he was going to get 120k with a 160k bonus in two years time, I'm pretty sure he'll stay.

Please don't get confuses that ANY job in a bulge bracket bank equals a 100k salary.