Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Transition of career
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Verified Member

ZoOq is on a distinguished road

Yes, AFE. Anyway, too late. Its my last day since 3rd May. Lol. Yup I do agree I made a very daring move. But no choice, when u know very well you can't see yourself staying in SAF in 10-20 yrs time. So its better to move out of the industry fast before I am tied down with more commitments and afterall this vocation is a diploma job. The only way to get your degree be part of my salary component is to be emplace to officer (ME4). However, the criteria of getting one emplaced for the log career path to be a ME4 is unless you are the top 5% of top performer in the sqn and the degree is local recognized uni with relevant field which means somehow you need to be "eyeball". If not, the nature progression of career path for AFE can be quite slow if you are a average player. I am just a average player with a overseas uni degree.

Hence, back to work in SAF is definitely irreversible for my current situation. To be frank, I am ok to start off as a fresh grad. As normal degree fresh grad is ard age 24 for JC path, age 25 or 26 for poly path. Becoz I choose to settle down my marriage before I leave SAF, thats y ended up at age 28 now. So just take it as I am 2 - 3 yrs behind a normal fresh grad. However, I need more expertise and opinions from you guys that you all have accumulated throughout urs career which you best fit my situation and I can explore into. something to do with soft skills or sales that you guys out there are having gd prospect and gd job nature. Keen to share?