Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff80 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I just got retrenched last month as the role was made redundant.

I worked as marketing coordinator in an US chemical company. So far, I have been to 6 interviews including 2 for 6 months contract positions.

Out of these 6 inteviews, 1 offered immediately the next day after went to an hour plus interview. I am still hestiating on whether to accept it or not. As the position requires me to work on almost every weekend for public events/seminars. I am very stressed as tomorrow is the deadline to accept the offer. I am married with a 2 yr old child. I wanted to find marketing jobs but not enough experiences...This is depressing.. I had even lowered my pay expectation from 3.1k to 3.5.k. My husband and friends asked me not to worry too much and find job slowly. I scared that 6 months down the road, I am still jobless...
Call me sexist if you want, but I am heartened that as a woman and as a wife, you also feel the responsibility of helping your husband to "bring food to the table". I am from the old school where I believe that it is the man's responsibility to go out and earn money while the wife stays home, look after the home and children.

Already your husband told you not to worry, so why stress yourself with worry and hurry to look for a job? Take this time to spend with it your child and family.

The wives of my friends are mostly housewives and their families are very happy. Granted that they may not be extremely rich, but money is not everything. Their children did well in schools, with some studying in good universities under scholarships. However I must admit that with my wife also working (because she wanted to), the burden for me to earn money for the family is lessen. I dont feel so stressed knowing that we have a backup in income source.