Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Just started my first full-time job, no friends at work does it spell disaster?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 AM
Verified Member

Lincoln88 is on a distinguished road

I don't know which WAR ZONE you guys working at where there is so much office politics going on but I have to let you all know I doubt there is any politics going on at my work place.

I did make some mistakes before but my colleagues also never sabo, instead helped me to explain to my manger. Sometimes I own up the mistakes myself and my manager also never scold anything, just laugh a bit and tell me to be careful next time.

Till now I never see my managers scolded anyone when the rest made their mistakes.

My managers even know the parents of my senior by person. Sometimes my colleagues and my managers will visit each other house on weekend to hang-out.

I'm trying to join in because my direct manager and my senior already get along very well with them plus I also want to get into the fun.

Actually I'm glad that I still can get along well, chit-chat and joke with my senior and also some other colleagues from a different team as well as people from another department.

having a elitist mentality like "I'm so much younger but actually look at things wider than them." is not healthy

That statement is only pinpoint to the area where they made the remark on I'm weird because I can't can't click with them. It is not the whole of my mentality.

why should your colleagues "love" to spend time with you when u have been there only 3 months ?

Ans: I know 3 months is still short and they barely know me enough to spend time with me but that is not the point when I say how they could get together on weekend! I'm just saying it to describe how good their boding is.

why do you think your performance is good

Ans: I heard it straight from the horse's mouth, he even praised me as a smart guy.

why should anyone want to share secrets with you ?

Ans: Simply because I'm part of the team and I'm one of their members they should trust.

why do u even compare this full time work place with your part time environment ?

Ans: I don't know why you can't seem to see all the correct point I'm trying to bring out. I'M COMPARING THIS IS BECAUSE I WANT TO TELL PEOPLE THAT I'M A NORMAL GUY AND CAN GET ALONG WELL WITH PEOPLE.