Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Just started my first full-time job, no friends at work does it spell disaster?
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Verified Member

Lincoln88 is on a distinguished road
Default Just started my first full-time job, no friends at work does it spell disaster?

This is my first full-time job and started for 3 months already.

If you realized your character and personality does not click well with your colleagues and managers should you continue to stay?

We have no problem doing work together but I just can't seem to blend into the clique of friends in my office.

The managers' relationship with the other colleagues is so good that they will share some office secretes with each other, chit-chat, meet-up early before office timing to go breakfast together and sometimes even hang-out together on weekend.

I did try to mingle with them but many times they will not hold a conversation with me, very fast they will go back to their own clique of friends and their own private topics.

I feel so outcast and I'm already stop trying to mingle with them already.

Now I just focus on my own job and never talk about other things that is unrelated to work.

I'm afraid this will affect my yearly increment and of course my opportunity to learn new things in the company.

Any advice for me?