Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - what is a fair amount for a fresh grad going into stat board?
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Verified Member

qwerty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by verycurious View Post
it's not probationary pay. i'm a scholar and having asked around, even my FASS friends going into ministries are getting 3.7k-4.2k (2nd upper, girls).

i'm bonded, but at the same time i have offers from other MNCs (they searched for my school's database and found me, i didn't even apply). not sure whether it's a wise choice to go on the greener side.. but i guess i'd have to stick to the original plan - at least it shows i'm someone who keeps my word. :/
You're bonded where? Private or public sector? Why do you wish to break your bond? Being a scholar has no influence on your starting pay in other organizations.

I think your FASS friends are smoking you, even in the more elite agencies like MTI,MAS, MFA with good honours my friends are getting only around 3.8 and they are guys with the NS increment.

3.1k is reasonable for an average grad in the private sector, a biz grad that doesn't land a target job or MAP in a blue chip MNC will likely start around 3.2 or so I guess. In stat boards and ministries however, it's more about hons class(unless you're talking about a technical post), and a 2.1 degree mostly get 3.5k and above.

I just can't figure which stat board pays 3.1k. Which ministry is it under? Maybe try for a post in that particular ministry and see if you get a better offer.