Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 14-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Apparently, u have not really given up yet. Nevertheless, enjoy the remaining bits of the weekends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sigh i don't know why you are so adamant i'm lying but there's only so much i can do to convince you. even within public service, there are many different kinds of officers and different job scopes, with vastly different career progression opportunities. some work a fixed 830-6 schedule, some work 12-14 hour days and either claim cab home everyday or work till past midnight via VPN. my point is, just b'cos it's not happening to you nor your immediate colleagues doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

for instance, we've heard that AOs are well paid. but do you know that entry grade AOs are paid >$20k per month? that's just the director-level positions we are talking about in some ministries. and to lend some credibility to my points lest you dismiss me entirely again.

Figures extracted from ST article 'Missed opportunity on civil service pay" dated 9 Apr 2013: -

".....We know that the lowest entry grade to Superscale salary range for the Administrative Service is SR9, which is pegged to the 15th-highest earner at age 32 in six professions. In 2010, the Public Service Division, the human resources arm of the Government, said administrative officers at the entry-level Superscale Grade of SR9 got $365,000."