Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - High Earners In Civil Service
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2009, 10:15 PM
farmer--

Default 4584

dude, really? I am sure there have been instances of head roll, I did not say there never was. I know for a fact about countless screw-ups in the private sector by the grunts and farmers. The middle managers who are also HDB, local grad grunts like me also got away.

My friend's subordinate made mistakes resulting in lawyer's letter being issued to the company, a private company. The grunt and the grunt's farmer boss- the middle manager both did not suffer any repercussions even though the grunt made a very clear error. The grunt only had to make an apology over email, really easy peasy to the aggrieved party. In fact, the farmer middle manager protected the grunt.

In another notable case, the error resulted in a marked discredit to the reputation of the company and department, which often interacts with the public. The error? Was catastrophic. A factual error that was reported and certified as 'truth' and correct, and which also implicated and slandered a very prominent person outside of the organisation whose stature is high level to be in the league of MM Lee (for public sector) or Wee Cho Yaw (for private sector). The farmer-middle manager in charge of the grunt also got away.

So can you explain why farmer middle managers like me are blamed all the time? Oh sovereign funds hahaha. You tell me one fund, sovereign or very in-sovereign who did not make a loss in this crisis and then come back to me.