Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - should i stay or move on
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by omezarn View Post
Hello guys!

Hope to get some opinions from yall. I am a recent fresh graduate from sim-uol from a full time computing n info sys mgt course w/2nd upper class. Of course my classification does not come any close to even a pass degree when compared to local uni.

Anyway, I found a job in the field of QA in a computer company. I started with a pay of $2000(while waiting for my final exam results). Once i received my cert i tendered my resignation within 4months into the job.But my company counter offered me 2.5k and i continued.

Things have been gettin worse. My working hours is suppose to be from 9 to 6. But it gets extended till 10pm daily. I dont get paid OT or neither can i claim hours. Even on saturday i am forced to work and i dont get paid too. My team consists of 40members. And i am the only singaporean.

I am afraid to quit as i am just holding onto a private degree and i have few more months before i hit my 1 year mark. This is a permanent role and i can quit anytime with 2 months notice. What will yall do if you guys were in my shoes?
Considering the composition of your department then $2.5k is just about what they may pay a lower level FT. FTs usually don't mind staying late as they can surf net and enjoy the aircon for free. If you are happy then you could consider staying, but since you are having doubts then there's no harm looking around to see what other jobs are out there.

Just to share that I was class of 2005 from the same course. I never went into IT after my graduation so it's not too late to consider moving to another industry.