Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - should i stay or move on
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by omezarn View Post
Hello guys!

Hope to get some opinions from yall. I am a recent fresh graduate from sim-uol from a full time computing n info sys mgt course w/2nd upper class. Of course my classification does not come any close to even a pass degree when compared to local uni.

Anyway, I found a job in the field of QA in a computer company. I started with a pay of $2000(while waiting for my final exam results). Once i received my cert i tendered my resignation within 4months into the job.But my company counter offered me 2.5k and i continued.

Things have been gettin worse. My working hours is suppose to be from 9 to 6. But it gets extended till 10pm daily. I dont get paid OT or neither can i claim hours. Even on saturday i am forced to work and i dont get paid too. My team consists of 40members. And i am the only singaporean.

I am afraid to quit as i am just holding onto a private degree and i have few more months before i hit my 1 year mark. This is a permanent role and i can quit anytime with 2 months notice. What will yall do if you guys were in my shoes?
The IT world is generally long working hours, 9am - 10pm is considered average. Your previous exp of doing just 9-6 is extremely rare, maybe the co. let you get away with it because you were low level non-exec so they dun wana pay OT.

You go another company join as IT Executive/Analyst going to work OT also, doubt anyone will be able to offer you a 9-6 job, very rare nowadays...