Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm the person who wrote earlier about being out of work for 18 months.

Yes i agree as a mid career professional more time is needed since I was in that shoe at the age of 36 and being forced out of work in the civil service. Its also true that work in the ministry is different from the pte sector and to the HR in pte ltd, it means you cannot plug and play the same way as putting DVD in recorder without any help instructions. So they will use nice words such as You do not have that X-factor and blar blar blar... having been in HR before I know the kind of "excuses" HR will give.

Yes i agree with another earlier post about when to resign as timing is important. Generally more ppl will leave after getting their bonus. But for mid career you wouldnt want to leave during mid year because that's when supply is always alot more due to graduates graduating. Also for ppl who are fed up with your job, they will still try to endure for mid year bonus and perhaps performance bonus and then endure some more till year end for AWS.

Speaking about timing, statistics always not the truth. Isnt stats say 2012 have low unemployment figures? Why then there are so many ppl didnt get job offers? The year of the dragon hasnt been kind to many people out of work.

Just like the previous writer who got 3 offers in 2013, i finally had my perm job offer in 2013. Though it was a 25% pay cut, i am glad someone is willing to give me a chance to switch to a new career. I hope there are more "end to the tunnel" for all those mid career ppl who are still searching for a job.
Hi, I am in early 40s. Tired of politics and losing sight of my career goal. I want to move on but the paycheck is holding me back. What can I do?

Some says politics is everywhere. Just need to deal with it. But I am not sure if it is worth it. I just want to do my job, as simple as that.

At my age, job is no longer that easy to come by. The risk is too high. Thinking of it, do I need to bear with it for the next 20 years until my retirement?