Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Fresh graduate seeking advice (Pte vs Civil Service)
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
such advice are always base on general trend, i trust everyone knows that generalizing does not mean literally all 100% there will always be exception 20%.

a lot of fresh grads very funny, want to slack and lobo but yet dun dare to admit, so they come out with a nice term call "work life balance" to mean they just want to go home by 8pm & no need to work weekend.

how to make good career decision if one is not even honest to himself????
Hi. People have different expectations and I dun see anything wrong with wanting work life balance. The logic of working till 8pm and coming back to work on weekends is absurd. I would say once awhile having to OT until 8pm is reasonable, but if it happens to often then the company is simply understaffed. There is nothing wrong with wanting work life balance and most employees would be able to complete decent amount of work within their regular working hours. It is just that many companies are abusing employees and demand more than what is required. I salute your exceptional loyalty towards the company you are working for and your willingness to devote your entire life to the well-being of the company, but I'm hoping that you won't regret the day you shut your eyes and the only thing you could remember is your company and nothing else. When retrenchment comes, lets see how much you loyalty is worth then.