Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Fresh graduate seeking advice (Pte vs Civil Service)
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2013, 12:19 PM

freshie86 is on a distinguished road
Default Fresh graduate seeking advice (Pte vs Civil Service)

Hi guys, I am graduating from a local uni this coming May. I am currently actively looking for a job but I am in a dilemma of whether to join the civil service or private sector.

While many have claimed that the progression is better in private, I have also realized that there are many who are unable to progress in the private sector (<$4k with more than 5 years of exp). If that's is the case, wouldn't civil service be better since you get your annual increment even with average performance?

I am sincerely seeking advice from adults from both private and civil service and hope it can be a good guidance when choosing their career path in time to come. If possible, it would be nice to share your progress and remuneration along the way. Thanks in advance !

About myself: Graduating from a local uni, bright and competencies are above average. Able to cope with demanding challenges but desire a good work-life balance. Very interested in civil service but am pretty worried about remuneration and progression wise. Afterall, I gotta support my family once i gradaute.

Last edited by freshie86; 27-03-2013 at 12:21 PM.