Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 23-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Default arleric school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I hear a lot of anecdotal stories from friends who recruit in their current companies that there is a dearth of quality local graduates, even in MNCs and GLCs.

Back 5-10 years ago fresh grads were still willing to slog it out for a few years while climbing the corporate ladder. Nowadays most young grads expect to immediately land "manager" and above titles with high salaries and huge bonuses without having any relevant experience. Many have resorted to becoming entrepreneurs, and in most instances you known where the source of funding is from. (Hope I don't sound too sour grapes with this!)

Hence many companies have to resort to FTs. Sad but true.
Hi, I strongly disagree with you, I am willing to slog it out for a few years or more, provided the pay is reasonable. But there is no "proper" job for me in the banks except telemarketing and branch sales, as of today (23/3/2013). I am willing to gain experience and in fact I dont want to be a manager when i'm not ready.

I tried to apply for a position of auto loans officer, says their requirements is only O/N levels and above. (because I cant find any other openings.. so i sent that application) And today in my email, they rejected me, with no interview. I dont know the reason, I have a UOL degree, I am willing to start at a lower position, even a lower (but reasonable pay).

So can anyone tell me, am i not being humble enough? Can the banks fire the FT and let me work in their position? I dont mind getting their 1800 - 2000SGD