Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career in Logistics
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhtcandroid View Post
I have been working in the service and maintenance department in a manufacturing line, doing fine but wasn't satisfied with this current career path. I recently took up degree in logistic managements.

I still have 1yr to graduate. Instead of venturing into logistics field only after getting the degree, i am interested to enter logistics as a junior role. I am willing to work hard and gain experience.

q1) Can Anyone guide me on knowledge in this field? any advice or wisdom on how I should make the switch so that I get minimum pay cut.(though ineviteable)

q2) I do know that logistics branch into many fields like Purchasing, supply chain and warehousing. But I would like to know what experience should i have b4 i can get into purchasing and Supply chain. I m also interested which one earn most money?

q30 What is the STARTING PAY for people with 0 experience and currently only holding a engineering diploma?

kindly advice. I am all ears. I shall be filled with graditude...
Logistics is very diverse and u don't need a specialized degree to get entry level jobs for most. my deg is not in logistics but i have done 3PL sales (no need eg) and managed a purchasing team.

You can try to find a material planner or inventory analyst role.