Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Statutory Board Salary/Increment/Bonus
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 09:03 PM

jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslee View Post
Procurement in government sector comes with extra extra red tapes, with more to come when more "corrupted & creative" officers are exposed. The same procurement rules would kill any private sector companies i.e. least relevant to say. The more transferable skills are those not outsourced to private sector i.e. healthcare, security, education etc.
I dun quite understand why would healthcare, security, and education be transferable? Healthcare itself is a niche and I won't consider working in govt hospital be any different as compared to private hospital. That is also not the sort of jobs that I'm interested in. Even for the admin-related healthcare positions, I dun think it will be transferable in the future e.g. policy formulation, hospital ops. Security? which area? police..army? Those are not transferable. Education? Yes...it is transferable but first have to ask yourself if you are interested in teaching.

As for procurement, I'm not too concern over the rules but I'm more interested in having a start in that particular field i.e. learn about basic procurement process...issue po... liaise with vendors...knowing what type of software they using etc....

I dun understand why you would say healthcare, security, education these areas as being transferable. To me, those are really niche jobs as compared to procurement being more general.