Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - is 3rd class honors useful?
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2013, 04:32 PM

aspenx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 View Post
Thanks. I guess it is more difficult to land a job than last time. With current graduate inflation, employers can afford to choose and press down salary. Supply far more than demand + Competition from FT.
I believe it is still just as difficult.

What is your major? This will sound cliche but there are _always_ industries that really require us Singaporeans take up.

I took up a project engineer job at a construction firm after being approached by an agent after graduation. They were more than happy to hire me (a local graduate) instead of a Malaysian etc. Pay was crap for the first 2 months. After probation (which ended early for me), I negotiated and got what I wanted (at that time) and actually more due to OT pay, bonuses and other perks. It was tough but it was infinitely better than being jobless.

A large population of our generation are after instant gratification. If you have neither luck nor the grades on your side, I guess you can still bite the bullet and challenge yourself with a "less-desirable" job and who knows how it will turn out?