Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Best-Paying Jobs in Singapore (2008)
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 12:06 AM
labrador--

Default 4283

Hahaha insider2, speak for yourself. Myopic? I know the place of a person who utters the view you just said.

Insider was answering questions to Admin Service and scholarship, so your bit about private sector while inaccurate was irrelevant. But irrelevance is not normally discerned by intellectually incompetent people.

What you said was complete BS because MAS is the stat board with the highest number of bond breakers. You have no idea who you're talking to, so I suggest you desist from excreting more BS in public.

EDB is one of the better stat board scholarships to end up with, thats true. But i don't think you knew that when you said that. you're so obviously an outsider looking through a glass window peering in with no first hand info. You said that only by postulating that EDB may have more interactions with private sector companies which is true, because it canvases for investments in foreign countries.

At the end of the day, the facts that Insider provided remains.

EDB, like all the other stat boards does the menial execution work. There is no policy formulation and access is at the lowest level.

Next, it's patently untrue that OMS being in ministries are at a disadvantage compared to the puny stat board scholars. I know large numbers of OMS scholars who were headhunted by consultancies like Oliver Wyman and McKinsey even before they complete their bond. It's no secret that AOs and OMS scholars are regularly poached or receive offers. This is because even private sector companies are acutely aware of where the valued harvest is. So they never bother looking at stat board.

Fact is, many high value jobs like investment bankers and consultants are not hired on years of relevant experience, but on brains, aptitude, personality and guts. That's why they're frequently hired straight out of Ivy League undergrad schools even without a year of experience. The same way they target policy-crunching OMS.

This is something your myopia failed to let you see.

You also work "anywhere globally" in the public sector. *rolls eyes* I know more than 40 OMS (no, they're not even with MFA) all over the world, that's not including the Tied MFA scholars who are lower rung than OMS obviously.

Your attempt to compare farmers and claim they're "doing just as well" is also quite a joke, since no one talked about private sector in the conversation. Moreover, it's no secret that the top large private companies (not SMEs) and peak of professional fields here are helmed and captained by top Singaporean foreign grads. The Law Society's president is from Oxford, not NUS. And he represents the private sector of law. So really, I don't have to go into the Attorney General or the Solicitor General ha. We all know full well that DBS isn't the only private company with a CEO who graduated from a top university.

I'd also challenge you on your claim that PSC scholars "start from scratch" in the private sector. I just had tea last week with a SAFOS ex-BG who's now holding a higher rank than farmers his age who worked in the same private company he is in the last 10 years. And I know countless more examples that I know you're crapping out of your arse.

ALL stat board scholars are PSC OMS rejects. This is a fact. Accept it and you will be free.