Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 21-02-2013, 12:32 AM

aspenx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Is there any way of breaking into finance by doing a b.eng? I can switch to computer engineering too, my results are abv avr and i can change to many course (except business course in local uni, straight aces these days). Or perhaps i should apply to SIM-UOL business/finance programmes?

As much as i wish to do a bachelor in my field of interest, i wish to be in good financial health too.
If you're really really into finance, you can join the NTU Investment Club. Take part in competitions, actually win them and do some sideline investing on your own. A CPA/CFA helps but a friend made it into Credit-Suisse straight from our EEE graduation without it. Yes, he won competitions and invested himself. The experience and motivation shows on both your resume and person. The only thing you will have to worry about after getting all those bases covered is how to score an interview. Networking is key. Maybe do a minor in accounting, biz or entrepreneurship too if you can handle it.

Maybe through it you might come to have a different understanding of good financial health. It also means being contented with what you have and managing what you have well.